PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Young Writers

I foolishly suggested to the youth librarian at our local library that we should do Youth Nano with her creative writing group. Open mouth, create more work. LOL

I did finally meet with her and we are going to meet each Tuesday during November for one hour to give the kids some encouragement. The bad thing is that I will be gone the first week of November so she's going to have to inspire them all on her own. The other bad thing is that first Tuesday is November 7...if these kids haven't been writing before then, I doubt they can make the 50,000-word goal in the three weeks they'll have left.

All of this concerns me. It feels like it was hastily planned, which it isn't, it's just that the timing is messed up, and it makes me nervous.

No comments: