PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Amok Amok Amok AMOK Part 2

So as I mentioned a couple days ago, the reporter from the Riverfront Times conducted her phone interview with me on Wednesday. As I sat in my car on the parking lot of the local Shop 'n Save, she and I talked about my collection of erotica, published earlier this year through Lulu. I've sold a few copies; I hope to get it marketed better in the coming year. It's just sort of been on the back burner. Sometimes you just have too much on your plate, and something has to wait until later.

Since I have not seen the article yet, I can't really say how the reporter is going to spin what we talked about. Mostly we talked about size acceptance, and I talked a lot about how sex was perfectly normal no matter what your size. I talked about some of my inspirations for writing erotica, including Hanne Blank, and the Story Guy. I talked about how I'd "found" myself after going to chat rooms after my divorce ten years ago, and how I'd met my husband at a dance for big people put on my Ample Romance (now a defunct group).

Depending on the coverage the article gets me, I may need to push my book to the front burner once again. I know there is a market for it, especially since Hanne Blank is pulling away from the plus-sized erotica she has gravitated to in the past.

No comments: