PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dreams

I'm a very potent dreamer. Always have been. Some mornings I wake up tired from dreams that had me in every sort of adventure, mostly unbelievable ones. Sometimes, the dreams are frightening, but mostly, they are just strange casseroles composed of ideas. They come out tasting like something that probably should have been pitched rather than eaten.

Just last week I dreamt I was riding a camel. Uphill. The camel could talk, and his name was Kai. We were going very fast. I was dressed in black Arabic robes like a man. So was the man on the camel next to me. It was sunny and warm, but there were trees. And a creek. And Kai the Camel was telling me stories to keep me entertained, so I wouldn't notice how badly he smelled. I realized that the man on the camel next to me was Jeremiah, the bull hand I'd met in Wisconsin. As we were loping up the hill at a high rate of speed, Kai suddenly yelled, "the saddle is loose, you're going to fall off." I reached forward and grabbed the skin of his neck and held on.

Yeah, like I said. A casserole of ideas. I actually do know a Kai the Camel, but he doesn't talk. He grunts and groans, but he doesn't talk. I've never ridden him, or any camel for that matter. I've also never dressed in black Arabic robes like a man. I've never dressed in any kind of Arabic robes.

The good thing about the dreams is that my mind is obviously working hard on different elements that have been running through my head. Even if I don't use a camel running uphill fast and carrying my FMC, it still means my brain is thinking.

The bad thing about the dreams is how tired I was when I woke up from that one!

No comments: