PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Argh, Every Mailing List is Susceptible

I had to put a stop to a conversation on my yahoo Nano group when it diverged into religion and politics, and not in a good way. The original topic had been skirting on the edge of getting out of hand for a couple weeks, but tonight I had to put a complete stop to it.

I HATE to have to do that. Makes me look like the bad guy. But if I don't stop it before it gets out of hand, lots of people's feelings get hurt and then next thing you know people are leaving the list and the list dies.

I don't want that to happen, I like our list, and am judging by the numbers (261) that people like the list enough to stay. So, I had to do it.

Sometimes being a List Mom isn't so much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a subscriber to NanoWriters and no, you didn't look like the bad guy or gal, in your case. Everyone agreed, I think, those sort of topics can turn bad real quick.

You are doing a great job!

J. Kaye