PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Amok Amok Amok AMOK!!

I had an email the other day from a reporter for the Riverfront Times here in St. Louis (an alternative newspaper). She wanted to interview me, mentioned Paganism and that I was a writer. Not sure how she found me.

Anyway, I wrote her back and told her I'd be happy to talk to her. Tonight on the way home from work, she called. I had a nice long conversation with her, mostly in the driveway of my house. She started out asking about the St. Louis Pagan community, hinting that our community didn't seem to have trouble fitting into the community at large. She's right; in general Paganism is accepted here, and we don't suffer from any broad forms of persecution. Most of us can be "out" in many parts of our lives and it works out okay.

So from there we moved on to what I'd written. She was very interested in my written erotica, and how I'd started doing it, how often I wrote it, etc. She seemed even more interested in the fact that my erotica was written for plus-sized girls, i.e., BBW's (Big Beautiful Women). I told her how I'd met my hubby through a local BBW group, and how I'd written an article for a 'zine some years ago that dealt with sex in chat rooms. That and my erotica were published under the name of Clarissa Rounds. The 'zine is now out of print, but the editor of the 'zine, Hanne Blank, has her own book of BBW erotica out there, although it is not written by her.

I talked about my family, my job as a geek at a college, about me being an ordained minister. We covered a lot of ground. At the end, she asked if it would be okay for her to run an idea for an article about me by her editor. Well, that answer would be yes! LOL I did suggest that she narrow down her topic a bit, figure out exactly what she wanted to write about. I am a Renaissance Woman; being a Gemini means I am not just one thing, but many, I suppose.

I wonder what idea she's going to run by her publisher? Wouldn't it be cool if this meant I sold more books?

1 comment:

jtigermoon said...

WOOHOO! I always knew you rocked. =)