PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Gosh, it's beautiful today!!

It's a gorgeous day outside. I should be writing but it's warm and sunny and hardly anything like fall. Quite honestly, I write better when the weather is dreadful. I think it's because I can't do much else, so why not. Or something like that.

I do have some notes to go over. In yesterday's mail was a packet of information from the Ringling Museum about Joe McKennon, sent as they promised. I'm looking forward to going through it, and learning more about him. One thing I read already is that the Carnival Press publisher that published his books was him. He laid things out, paid the printer, and did the publicity for everything. That pretty much explains the rampant typos and unedited work I've read so far.

There is apparently a lexicon book about circus that he wrote that I need to get my hands on. Logistics of the American Circus is apparently a must forcircus historians. I think I'm probably approaching the level of "circus historian" so perhaps I should read this book!

I'll have to see if I can get it on half.com, THE ultimate resource for readers.

No comments: