PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Some More Writing Helpers

I had my interview with the reporter from the Riverfront Times. I'll write more on that in a later blog.

We are less than a week away from the Big Write. I have been remiss in keeping up with this journal, but it's been a busy few days for us around here. And I'm feeling uninspired to write, which isn't a good thing when you're less than a week away from the Big Write! Someone on my NanoWriter's group asked how we come up with our plots and story ideas. Often, I'm a spiral or circular writer; I have a mere germ of an idea that I then build around. Kinda like an oyster with a grain of sand. I take that tiny little kernel of an idea and cover it with layers and layers of scenes and characters and locations and voila, I have a nice little pearl! Many times my grain of sand is so small that it wouldn't mean anything to anyone, in its initial form.

But sometimes we need help getting something to work with. We might have a grain, but no layers and no idea on how to get those layers. There are helpers out there, and hopefully these few will inspire anyone who's feeling uninspired at the moment.

Recipe for a First Draft

FreeStory - Writing Tools

Using Index Cards to Plot a Novel

BellaOnline Fiction Newsletters

Open Directory - Writer's Resources

No comments: