PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Sound of My Own Words

There is a vice chancellor here on campus who loves the sound of his own voice. He can drone on and on and on...until your brain is asleep and you are trying desperately not to follow your brain.

I don't want to be like him.

But the truth is, I love the sound of my own words. Not spoken, necessarily, but my written words. It is not unusual for me to go back and read some of my old blogs, for instance, and not unusual for me to read the posts I make to my own email list. And today, I started reading my second novel again. Like I didn't get enough of it the 19 times I edited it, and the two times I've read it since I published it a year ago.

The weird thing is that I am surprised at how good it is. I've read it before, I shouldn't be surprised somehow, but I am. The bigger question is, does this mean I have a fat head? That I like too much the sound of my own words?

No comments: