PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Finding Time to Write

I'm sitting here in a relatively quiet house that is in a mode of waiting. My husband's last remaining auntie died yesterday and later today we will go to the funeral home. Tonight is the big Halloween Ball we've been preparing for all month. Hubby is off working (cleaning house for a disabled lady) and I'm off work because of the wake. This morning I chaufferred hubby back from the mechanic so they could work on his truck, and finished up the last of the halloween costume details, and now I'm sitting here waiting for 45 minutes to go by so I can rinse the color out of my hair.

Good time to get some writing done!!

I may not get a full 45 minutes done, at least half of that time will be spent catching up on emails and reading the local news, especially the weather. The Cardinals could clinch the series tonight if it would just stop raining and let us play!! No luck there so far, but I'm hopeful.

This week, and especially today's, roller coaster schedule is not unusual for us, really. If it weren't for my ability to write in snatches, I would never get any writing done at all! So if I only have a 10-minute snatch to write in while the biscuits are baking for dinner, or twenty minutes until the dryer is done, or 45 minutes while I wait for my hair color to work, then I'll take that. It's better than no time to write.

I know someday all this "busy" that we have in our lives will be gone and I'll wonder where it all went and what to do with myself. Yeah. Right. Somehow, I think I'll be just fine!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi Susabelle,

Like you, I also snatch writing time and have learned to write effectively in 15 minute intervals. Tea breaks at work, lunchtime (even between calls on a slow day), waiting for my partner to pick me up after work. It all adds up, and it also keeps your head in the world of your story!

Diane