PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Wow, I made it!

Hard to believe, but I DID make it this year, despite everything that tried to get in my way. I reached my 50,000 goal more than two hours before midnight. And like a good doobie yesterday, I went ahead and made my yearly donation to Nano to keep it going.



I think this year has been the worst for funding; there are so many people participating, but very few who are willing to even put up $5 to help keep this thing going.

It's not much to ask for a program that has done so much for writers world-wide. I'm one of them, and I've donated at least $25 every year, along with buying merchandise, and this year even making an in-kind donation for their startup as well. Any funds above and beyond what is needed to run Nano is donated to building and furnishing books to libraries in third world countries. This is a good cause and how can I not donate to such a great cause?

I hope others who participated this year will find it in their hearts to donate as well. Even $5 will help. Let's not let Nano fall to wrack and ruin because we were too cheap to help support their funding needs. Without Nano, we'd not be writing novels, and we wouldn't have the fabulous forums to hang out on, and we would not have all the cool widgets and etc. to work with during Nano.

'nuff said. I think I need to catch up on some sleep. Tomorrow I'll continue writing, as I've not finished my story, just my 50,000. I have a long way to go.

No comments: