PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

35,000 words but it's still early

I realized this past weekend that I'd written 32,000 words on my Nano, which is wonderful. However, in the line of my story, I am only about four days into the storyline itself, which is actually supposed to run about four months.

So I'm looking at this 32,000 words, figuring I'm about 1/10th through my story or less, and who's going to want to read a book that's 300,000 words long?

Hmmm. There's a lot of detail I'm trying to cover. Much of what I'm writing is explanatory; it needs to be explained in order for the reader to understand the story. There is a lot of terminology that the ordinary reader wouldn't understand. This is different than anything I've written before, so it is taking me some time to work through it. It should make the editing process interesting, at the very least.

I am up to 35,000 words as of today. I hope to get to 50,000 this weekend. However, I'm going to be bogged down by family plans that I don't normally make this time of year, so that may limit what I'm able to produce. But I still have until next Thursday, so I'm sure I'll make it, if only barely.

No comments: