PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Not sure what to do with myself

I did a little work on my outline last night, and read over some character synopses, but didn't do anything else useful. I am actually thinking I want to read more, but then, I'm kind of read out at the moment, too.

Got my new camera in the mail yesterday and spent an hour last night fiddling with it trying to figure out the settings. I'm on a crash course to learn that thing by Thursday morning, when I want to use it to take pictures of Kelly Miller's tent going up. There are so many dials and buttons and some of the terminology I understand but much of it I'm having trouble figuring out. And last night playing with it in the house, it was still taking forever to actually FIRE, I guess it was auto-focusing, but what a pain. I need that sucker to take the picture when I push the button, regardless.

So, I'll keep playing with it. Hopefully I'll get home early enough tonight that I can take it outside and play with it where I won't need flash. I think the flash is causing part of the delay, and it won't multi-fire with the flash on. I definitely need that continuous shuttering, that's the only way I'm going to get great pics at the tent raising.

Still debating whether or not we want to attend the show; I think we probably should, but it won't be until 4:30 which means either we come home in between tent raising and show (and it's about an hour drive one way), or find something to do to kill off most of our day. I expect the tent-raising to take about an hour to ninety minutes, that still leaves 6 hours until show time that we would have to kill. It would be nice if I could get some interviews scheduled during that time, but the PR person at Kelly Miller has been pretty closed-mouthed. I know they have to be, but still, it's frustrating to feel like I'm having the door slammed in my face all the time. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a candy butcher to talk to, or a bull hand, or maybe even the PR person! You never know, luck could be smiling on me on Thursday.

Only 35 days until we can write. Only about five more days until we can start using the forums at NaNoWriMo again. At least we can get some inspiration that way. And my email list for NanoWriters, that's been pretty quiet too. I need to perk them up with a post or two, I think...I don't want anyone going to sleep now that we are getting close!

No comments: