PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Friday, September 22, 2006

I love you honey,...

...But the Season's Over.

This is my latest read, I'm about halfway through it. It's a true story in the first person about a girl who ends up on a Ringling show in 1942. Honestly, she's a bit of a whiner, and not really someone I want to know a lot about. But her story of being on the circus is at least mildly amusing and she talks about things I know about now that I've done most of my research.

Tonight I watched the DVD of the tent raising again, with hubby. He wasn't as impressed as I was, but he's seen tents go up hundreds of times so it's no biggie to him. I've never seen it before, so it's a big deal to me!

I should finish I Love You Honey, But the Season's Over this weekend. It is supposed to be rainy tomorrow, a good excuse to read. Sunday we will go to the Pirate Festival, which might just inspire me to pull out another story I've sort of been working on, surrounding a Ren Faire. I hope I don't get too distracted.

Last year right before Nano I was inspired to write a different story than I'd first come up with. And in all honesty, I think that was a disastrous move. I finished, and won, and it's a decent story that if I work hard enough will come out to be something. But I struggled with it, feeling ineffective and lost almost the entire time. not this time. I'm well-researched, prepared, and ready.

Only another month and a few days...

No comments: