PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hubby comes home

After four months and five days in Wisconsin, hubby is coming home. He should be home in about a half-hour. It hasn't been an altogether bad summer; his absence is, I think, one of the primary reasons I'm writing this book. He was in "Circus Mecca" the entire summer. It's not hard for some of that excitement and drama to have rubbed off on me.

Hubby toured with Ringling, but also toured with a handful of mud shows throughout the years, so he will also be a good resource for me as I continue to write this book. His perspective is skewed towards the clown side of things, but there is still info I can glean from what he know. It isn't a clown book, I keep reminding him. He (and other clowns) don't seem to understand why I am not writing about clowns.

That's because it's already been done.

I'm currently about halfway through Water for Elephants, the circus book of the moment. It's actually on the Best Seller lists, and I had a bit of trouble getting ahold of it at the library. But the work librarians felt a bit sorry for me, and let me have it before them. Some of them know I'm working on a circus book, and being librarians, they adore books and mostly adore authors, even not-so-good ones like me.

The next book on my reading list is I Love You Honey, But The Season's Over, a true story of a girl who joined the circus more as a workman and ended up performing. It was published in 1961, the year of my birth, so it should be interesting to see how it is.

If I don't hurry up and get these books read, it will be November and I won't be done yet!

No comments: