PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Might as well get this over with...

Today I woke up sick. Actually, I suspected I was sick yesterday. Today I know it for sure. Sinus infection. Probably caught it from one of my student workers who like to use my computer and phone when I'm not watching. So I'll go off to the doctor this afternoon, get some drugs, feel better in a couple days, and hope that this is ALL the sick I'll be this year before Nano. I don't have time to be sick. I certainly don't have time to be sick during Nano.

I had thought I'd get more work done on getting organized tonight, but I'm afraid anything I'd do would be substandard at best. I do need to call the library tonight and talk to the juvie librarian about doing Nano as a teen project. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea, but my son is thinking I'm going to do it so I can't disappoint.

I do need to schedule at least two more interviews, one with Brian LePalme, the fire-eating ringmaster. I talked to him several weeks ago and got some basics, and have since come up with some questions I want to ask him in detail. He was very willing to talk to me as long as I wasn't going to write a negative circus story. The other interview will be with Jessica Henthoff, who I know personally. Jesse is the heart and soul behind everydaycircus and the circus arts foundation here in St. Louis. I work for her on occasion. She is busy with the Cirque show that is coming to St. Louis, it is part of their local fundraising efforts. I hope to catch her at a down moment and talk with her specifically about my book. She is mentioned in the book The New American Circus, one of my reference books at this point.

My next entry, if I'm not feeling too badly, I'll share a few more details about my book, i.e., "what the heck is this book about anyway?"

Sniffles and snots until next time...

No comments: