PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Scenes that Don't Want to Be Written

I've been working on and off for months on one little scene in my book, where the FMC and MMC go out on a date. Simple, right? Not so much, no.

I think last night I finally had a breakthrough. I had put the dinner date in the wrong place. I moved it, and a few other things, to a week later in the timeline, which seems to have helped some. I do need to make a few more adjustments, as well. I've got a bad case of "cart before the horse" on some major parts of the novel.

It feels good to be sitting down and writing every day again. I really need to do that. When I let it sit, and come back to it, I have to remember where I was and what I was trying to accomplish, and that can be such a time-eater. So seeing it every day there isn't such a lapse, and perhaps I can get more of this story banged out in the next few weeks or months.

I'm also debating on participating in NaNo this year. I like to do it, it keeps me focused and after four years, it is a bit of a habit. But I don't know if I want to give up working on Without A Net for an entire month while I work on another project. We'll have to see.

No comments: