PLEASE NOTE: ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, THEN YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Favorite Circus Blogs

While I may not be that great about keeping up to date with this blog, I have other blogs I read to keep up to date on circus. I should share them here for others to find and enjoy.

The Adventures of Steve and Ryan - Probably my favorite (and therefore the top of my list) from circus clown Steve Copeland about the adventures he is having in his life.  Most of his performing is done with Ryan Combs, and they are currently on tour with Kelly Miller circus.  I like his nearly daily posts that show us the good, bad, and ugly of mudshow life. 

Circus Diaries - from Casey McCoy Cainan and Ryan Easley (also known as Radar), this blog of big cat life is always entertaining.  Radar provides most of the posts.  The McCoy tigers are currently touring with Kelly Miller circus.

ShowMe Elephants - from Ryan Easley.  Not exactly about circus, but all about elephants, one of my favorite creatures on earth.  He posts there almost daily.

Circus Mom - Circus Mom Natalie Cainan shares her life as mom and dog wrangler and circus performer.  Natalie is currently touring with Culpepper & Merriweather Circus.

A Mudshow Season - from circus front-man and historian Ben Trumble.  I couldn't decide whether to put him on this list or not, as he is a bit of a whiner sometimes, and if you leave a comment that speaks ill of one of his former performers he won't publish it.  Since I believe in being open (and signing your name to your posts) I don't have any problem posting my feelings, and think he should be as open.  However, Ben knows some wonderful circus history and often posts about things I didn't know. His blogging is intermittent; once or twice a month is about all you can count on.

If you're on facebook, most of these people can be followed as well.  In addition, there is a circus historian, Jack Bryan, who has a group called "May All Your Days Be Circus Days."  He posts some amazing pictures and announces events that are occurring worldwide. 

No comments: